Our service works at arms length from Education Leeds with families, schools and voluntary organisations. It is our aim to provide a flexible service to all stakeholders in order that the right educational choices are made for children who have special / additional needs.
In order to work more closely with all stakeholders we will be designated to SILC areas. This will be an opportunity to offer a more direct service and build better relationships with other professionals, services and agencies at a local level. By working at arms length we are able to offer:
• Impartial advice for parents, carers and professionals seeking guidance and information on how to meet the special educational needs of your child.
• Impartial advice for parents and carers seeking guidance and information around permanent exclusions
• Guidance on SEN legislation, policy and procedures to help each child receive the educational support they need.
• Independent parent supporters to help guide you through more difficult times including form filling, attendance at official meetings and tribunals.
• Independent volunteers providing support at exclusion appeals
• Independent mediation to facilitate resolution between conflicting parties
We work in partnership to support a culture of co-operation
between governors, teachers, mentors and other professionals to
facilitate effective and innovative ways of working to empower parents
and carers to be fully involved in their child’s education and the
Helpline Telephone: 0113 39512000